The Yorkshire Volunteers Regimental Association offers membership to all who have served in the Regiment or in the Territorial Army units, which were amalgamated to form the Yorkshire Volunteers, or in one of the battalions or other units that succeeded the Regiment. Associate membership may be open to others.
The aims of the Association
The aims of the Association are to promote Regimental traditions and support succeeding T.A. Units in Yorkshire. The Association will safeguard the name of The Regiment and the interest and welfare of those who have served in or with it, or other members.
Ordinary membership is open to anyone who has served with the Yorkshire Volunteers or with one of the Territorial Army Units it succeeded or with one of its successor units. Associate members must be proposed and seconded by Ordinary Members and must support the aims of the Association.
The Association consists of a number of local branches, which meet with varying regularity, and Central Branch for those who cannot or do not want to meet except, perhaps, at the Annual Dinner or the Minster Service. The Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer of each branch are automatically a member of the Regimental Committee that meets several times a year.
The Association has a President and, since 2004, a Patron, Dr Ingrid Roscoe, Lord-Lieutenant for West Yorkshire.
Branch contact details
- Guisborough: Branch Secretary: 01287 638323
- Halifax: Branch Secretary: 01422 247006
- Harrogate: Position Vacant
- Huddersfield: Branch Secretary: 01484 304229
- Hull: Position Vacant
- Keighley & Bradford: Branch Secretary 01535681543
- Leeds: Branch Secretary: 0113 2587800
- Officers Dinner Club: Secretary
- Rotherham: Branch Secretary 01709 853104
- Castleford: Branch Secretary 01977 552565
- York: Branch Secretary 01757 268761
- Central Branch: 01909 293082
- YV Band: Band Secretary David Stephenson, Band Manager 01924 375934
- 3 Yorks Association: Click: To visit The Royal British Legion web site.