The Yorkshire Volunteers Regimental Association offers membership to all who have served in the Regiment or in the Territorial Army units, which were amalgamated to form the Yorkshire Volunteers, or in one of the battalions or other units that succeeded the Regiment. Associate membership may be open to others.
The aims of the Association
The aims of the Association are to promote Regimental traditions and support succeeding T.A. Units in Yorkshire. The Association will safeguard the name of The Regiment and the interest and welfare of those who have served in or with it, or other members.
Ordinary membership is open to anyone who has served with the Yorkshire Volunteers or with one of the Territorial Army Units it succeeded or with one of its successor units. Associate members must be proposed and seconded by Ordinary Members and must support the aims of the Association.
The Association consists of a number of local branches, which meet with varying regularity, and Central Branch for those who cannot or do not want to meet except, perhaps, at the Annual Dinner.
The Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer of each branch are automatically a member of the Regimental Committee that meets several times a year.
Branch contact details
- Barnsley Branch: 07889 043413
- Halifax Branch: 01422 247006
- Huddersfield Branch: 07951 961348
- Keighley & Bradford Branch: 07528 672114
- Leeds Branch: 07527 645102
- Rotherham Branch: 01302 728596
- Castleford Branch: 07796 181465
- YV Band: Band Secretary David Stephenson 01924 375934
- Central Branch: 07796 181465